Monday, November 14, 2011

This Morning's Sunrise

Those on California's high desert were treated to a wonderful sunrise this morning. I was traveling to Lancaster and had my camera with me, so I was able to capture the beautiful show nature was putting on. I didn't bring a tripod (I probably should have), but at least I had my Pentax K-x DSLR, which does well with high ISO (but there is still more "digital noise" than I'd like there to be).

You can click on the images to see them larger.

Mojave Sunrise - Mojave, California
Telephone Sunrise - Mojave, California
Desert Dawn - Rosamond, California
This and the next two photographs were taken while driving. I didn't have time to stop, and the highway was the best vantage point anyway. I opened the window, carefully pointed the camera towards the east while holding the steering wheel with my other hand, and pressed the shutter-release-button ten times. These were the best three.
Desert Dawn #2 - Rosamond, California
Desert Dawn #3 - Rosamond, California
Not bad for what were basically chance photographs.
Two Contrails - Rosamond, California
This was also photographed while driving, taken a couple miles further down the road than the previous three images. I pressed the shutter-release-button four times, and chose this photograph over the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment