Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thought Of The Day: The Nikon S8100 Continues To Impress

For a digital point-and-shoot that is almost entirely automatic, the Nikon S8100 does a great job. The built-in software is excellent.

Sometimes the complexity of a camera can get in the way of capturing the decisive moment. I had this problem last night with my Pentax K-x when switching lenses and/or adjusting the aperture, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, etc. I missed several great photographs because the camera and I were not ready.

I didn't have this problem when using the S8100. It quickly and (almost entirely) automatically figured out what the settings needed to be and produced good results. It was much less frustrating than using the DSLR in fast moving, quickly changing situations.

Sometimes more expensive is not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment