Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Caliente, California

This last Saturday (February 25), my wife, kids and I loaded up in the car and took a brief afternoon drive through Caliente, California. This area is beautiful and historic, yet most people are completely unaware of its existence.

I would love to dedicate much more time to capturing Caliente and the surrounding area. Perhaps later this year I will have time to do so.

I did not have my DSLR with me, since it is still down after a recent trip to Morro Bay. I used a Nikon S8100 and my camera phone to make the photographs in this post. While I used the Nikon a lot more than the cell phone, I preferred the images from the phone just a little more than those from the Nikon. I won't tell you which ones are which. You can probably figure out some of them, others will be more difficult.

Some advice that you may find is to put your camera away during the middle of the day. While it is true that the best light can typically be found near sunrise and sunset, quality light can be found at any time if you look for it. All of these photographs were taken between 1:30 pm and 3:45 pm.
Union Pacific In Caliente - Caliente, California
Green Barn And Red - Caliente, California
Dotted Hills - Caliente, California
Windmill, Shed - Caliente, California
Color Swap Road - Caliente, California
Reflection Creek - Caliente, California 
Orange Reflection - Caliente, California
Rippled Water - Caliente, California
Leaves In Water - Caliente, California (click here for a larger version)
Small Waterfall - Caliente, California
Tree, Brush, Hill - Caliente, California
Lit Tree In Canyon - Caliente, California
Green Moss, Orange And Blue Water - Caliente, California
Moss In Creek - Caliente, California
Moss And Grass In Water - Caliente, California
Moss Island - Caliente, California
Orange Reflected - Caliente, California
Face In The Moss - Caliente, California (Click here for larger version).
Small Creek #1 - Caliente, California
Small Creek #2 - Caliente, California
Reflection And Moss - Caliente, California
Rock Cliff - Caliente, California
Early Wildflowers - Bealville, California
Early Spring - Bealville, California
Grass Hills - Bealville, California
Tejon - Bealville, California

No comments:

Post a Comment