Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thought Of The Day: Cell Phone Photography

After my DSLR got dust and sand on the sensor at Morro Bay, I was disappointed to say the least. However, a new toy came along just in time to keep me both happy and busy.

That new toy is a Samsung Galaxy S cell phone camera, which has 5 megapixels on a very tiny sensor.

As I've said before, any camera is capable of taking good photographs as long as the one using it is capable. This cell phone camera is no exception.

I got the camera yesterday and posted the photographs taken that day here. Today, I used the camera to create these images:
Snow On Dumpster - Tehachapi, California
Taken before sunrise using existing light and handheld.
Snow On Car Roof - Tehachapi, California
Taken before sunrise using existing light and handheld. 
Tree Shadows - Palmdale, California
Orange Cone - Palmdale, California
Caps On Brick Wall - Palmdale, California
Communication Towers - Palmdale, California
Cows On Hill - Tehachapi, California
Pink Lemonade - Tehachapi, California
All of the photographs were post-processed on the phone using Adobe Photoshop Express, except for Pink Lemonade, which was post-processed using PicsArt. I think I like PicsArt better, but I haven't used it enough to be sure.

For more cell phone photographs (by other photographers), check out these links: here, here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment