Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thought Of The Day: More Cell Phone Photographs

My latest toy, a new Samsung Galaxy S cell phone, has kept me busy while my DSLR waits to have it's sensor cleaned. It arrived at my door two days ago, and I've used the camera feature each day so far. Day 1 can be viewed here, and Day 2 here.

The cell phone's built-in camera has five megapixels on a very tiny sensor. Many of the photographs could be made into 8" x 10" (or 8" x 12") prints, but some only have enough resolution for 5" x 7" prints (or smaller).

Cell phone photography is a legitimate form of art, and is perhaps the digital equivalent of lomography.

Prior to today, most of the images (all but one, in fact) taken with this camera were post-processed on the phone using Adobe Photoshop Express (a free App). However, today I used PicsArt (another free App) to post-process all of the images. While some features on Photoshop Express are superior, overall I think PicsArt is the better software choice.

Here are today's images:
Two Trees, Clearing Storm - Palmdale, California
Red Grill - Palmdale, California
Paper Saw Blade - Palmdale, California
Pipes - Palmdale, California
Storm Drainage - Palmdale, California
Wood Crate - Palmdale, California
The Joshua Tree - Rosamond, California 


No comments:

Post a Comment