Wednesday, March 21, 2012

July 4th In March... Or, A New Dodge Commercial

Dodge came to Tehachapi today and filmed a television commercial. Based on all the red, white and blue, I suspect it will air sometime around Independence Day. Perhaps Memorial Day.

I never realized how big of a production commercials are. They had a large crew (including Johnny Knoxville), hundreds of extras, many trucks, buses and vans. The main street in town was closed off for several blocks.

I don't know if this is true, but someone said that the cars they use in the commercials don't have VIN numbers and are destroyed after filming.

I had my Samsung NX200, so I snapped a few photographs.


Patriotic Dodge - Tehachapi, California
These cars, plus a few others, made several passes by the crowd.
Orange - Tehachapi, California
A train came through during filming.
Watching - Tehachapi, California
A local police officer watching the action from the Gas & Go.


No comments:

Post a Comment