Friday, March 16, 2012

Roesch Photography Is One Year Old!

One year ago today, this Blog began with this post: Does The Photographer Make The Scene Or Does The Scene Make The Photograph?

I really had no idea what I was doing when I made that first post, and it shows. I wasn't even sure why I was creating a Blog and I didn't know where it might lead.

Frankly, most of the early material found here is pathetic. But it does stand as a reminder of how far I have come.

For example, I've become a better photographer over the last year. This Blog has forced me to be more active and creative and to think deeper about my art. Because of that, I now have photographs in a gallery and have been published in a book.

I've improved as a writer, both in style and in content. Some of the early posts make me cringe when I read them. I've also made improvements to the Blog's format. Because of all that, readership has increased significantly over the last few months.

For some reason, it took me one month from the very first post to publish the third post: Going Retro. It took about six months from that post before I really got serious with this Blog. And five months later we are here.

The Roesch Photography Blog is for you. I hope you enjoy the photographs and get some useful information or ideas from the articles. Thank you for visiting! Explore the content, and don't forget to check back soon.

Without you, this adventure would not and does not happen. Again, thank you for making this last 12 months and (hopefully) the next twelve months possible.

I can't wait to see what this next year has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment