Sunday, April 22, 2012

Just Got Back From Arizona

Got back late last night (actually, early this morning) from a quick weekend trip to Phoenix, Arizona. It wasn't a photography trip, but I did manage to sneak off a few times specifically to photograph. The Sonoran Desert is beautiful in the spring time, and I didn't want to miss it. It's already getting really hot, though, with daytime temperatures above 100 degrees.

I captured 353 images over three days. As soon as I'm done post-processing them, I'll be sure to share them on this Blog.

Before I left I made a quick comment about the up-coming Nikon D3200, which will most likely be the best budget DSLR available. I said that the MSRP will be $700 for the body only, which is incorrect. For $700, you will also get a kit 18-55mm lens!

It will be interesting to find out just how good the sensor is in the D3200. If it performs as some are expecting, it might just outperform all other digital cameras with APS-C sized sensors and get pretty darn close to the new full-frame Canon 5D Mark III.

We will have to wait and see. But if you can get very similar quality for 1/5th the cost, why would you choose the much more expensive camera? It will also be interesting to see how Canon responds.

No comments:

Post a Comment