Thursday, April 19, 2012

Phoneography, Part 8: Leave Your Camera At Home

Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Well, I didn't leave my Samsung NX200 at home, but I did something just as stupid--I left my SD card in the laptop at home. Oops!
Tehachapi Mountain Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
But no big deal. I had a different Samsung camera in my pocket: the Galaxy S. Yes, my cell phone! In fact, I'm glad that is the camera I had. Don't get me wrong, I love the NX200. But sometimes working with other equipment forces you to think differently and perhaps more creatively.
Sunset Oaks - Stallion Springs, California
I wasn't expecting such a beautiful sunset, because great sunrises and sunsets don't happen everyday. But two days ago, there I was, at the western edge of the Tehachapi Mountains at sunset, witnessing something great. And I used my cell phone to capture it.
At The Edge Of Tomorrow - Stallion Springs, California
If you accidentally left your camera at home (or your SD card), no big deal--use the camera you have with you. It's more than a capable photographic tool. The photographs here could be made into 8" x 10" prints.
Down The Canyon To The Valley - Stallion Springs, California
You see, the equipment you used to capture your images is not important. What's important is the final image--what you were able to create.
California Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
On another note, an easy app for post-processing phoneographs is Instagram (available for Apple and Droid). I prefer Pixlr-O-Matic and Photo Editor, but this is another good option to consider.
Tehachapi Mountains After Sunset - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment