Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thought Of The Day: Vision

To be a successful photographer, you must have vision.

Vision can be defined as "a vivid and imaginative conception." Vision is having a concept--knowing exactly what you want to create. Vision is having imagination--being creative in your work. Vision is having vividness--a distinct and clear voice.

A little over one month ago I wrote that I needed to refocus. I've been actively working on that. I've spent quite a bit of time considering what it means and how to succeed at it. And I've created a lot of photographs.

Over the last few days I've begun to understand exactly what my vision is as an artist. I understand more fully why I'm attracted to certain images. I understand more fully what exactly it is I want to create. I can see more clearly the direction I'm going and the direction I want to go.

I have vision. And I better know how to follow the paths of that vision.

I have a yearning to express myself through my photographs. I have a point-of-view that I want to share. There is something unique in my vision that I hope can be appreciated.

If you are seeking your own vision, don't give up! Keep pursuing your passion and eventually you will find what it is you are looking for.



No comments:

Post a Comment