Friday, May 18, 2012

Today At The Park

Went to a local park early this afternoon with my two children. I brought along my Pentax K-x so that I could take advantage of it's creative post-processing features.

All of these photographs were edited using the camera. I did a small amount of additional touch up to some of the photographs on my laptop.
Girl Wearing Horse Hat - Tehachapi, California
The shade created by the tree is much better light than the harsh mid-day sun.
Mike - Tehachapi, California
Mike's dad moved to Tehachapi from Spain in 1903. Mike has seen the town grow from a tiny speck on the map to an area with almost 40,000 people. The house he grew up in is over 100 years old and his brother still lives in it.
I used fill-flash to reduce the shadows, and then applied a "water color" effect to add interest to what was otherwise a bland image. 
Fast Slide - Tehachapi, California
I took advantage of the darkness of the park's enclosed circle slide so that I could use a slow shutter speed to capture movement. In this case, the shutter was 1/10th of a second.
Girl Sliding - Tehachapi, California
This was 1/15th of a second exposure.
Boy Sliding - Tehachapi, California
This was 1/10th of a second exposure. 
Red, White And Blue Stripes - Tehachapi, California
Park Flag - Tehachapi, California
Rose - Tehachapi, California
I used my own shadow to diffuse the harsh mid-day light. Red and green are contrasting colors, so they work well together in a photograph. 
Blue And Yellow Flower - Tehachapi, California
Again, I used my shadow to make better quality light. Blue and yellow are also contrasting colors and work well together in photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment