Friday, June 29, 2012

Thought Of The Day: Samsung NX200 (And Other Things I Love)

I'm really impressed with my Samsung NX200. I've had it for three months now, and the more I use it the more I like it. For example, I used it photograph old George Air Force Base, and I was pleased with the results.

What I like about the NX200 is that it is smaller and weighs less than a DSLR (in other words, it's easier to carry around), yet, at low-ISO, packs a punch similar to full-frame DSLRs that cost much, much more.

I edit the photographs captured on my NX200 using free software. I most commonly use Paint.NET, Office Picture Manager and Picasa 3, and GIMP for a couple specific things. There aren't many good reasons to spend hundreds of dollars on Photoshop when there are options that do the same things for free.

You don't need to break the bank to be a successful photographer. You need vision. And maybe a camera on your free cell phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment