Saturday, July 7, 2012

Distorted Photography

Over the last month I've been playing around with a new (to me) technique. I've zoomed in or out in the middle of the exposure to create a weird effect. You caption the motion, and sometimes you get a double exposure look. This requires longer exposures, typically no shorter than 1/15th of a second and no longer than one minute.

I used my Samsung NX200 to capture all of these.
Red Rose - Surprise, Arizona
Red Rose Streaked - Surprise, Arizona
Dizzy Lamp - Surprise, Arizona
Ghost Lamp - Goodyear, Arizona
Pink Rose Motion - Tehachapi, California

River Rock Distortion - Kernville, California
I did not use the same technique on the two images below. The first was photographed through some bent semi-transparent plastic and the second was a long exposure of a tube on a lake after dark.
Lady Distorted - Surprise, Arizona
Ghost On The Water - Lake Isabella, California



No comments:

Post a Comment