Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Phoneography, Part 10: Get Creative!

Parts 1-9

One great thing about "smart phones" and the applications that you can download onto your phone is that getting creative is both easy and fun. Over the last two days I've played around with two apps that I've had for a while, but rarely used. I'm excited about the results.

The apps are PicsArt and Pudding Camera. The reason that I hadn't used these programs more often is that they reduce the file size significantly. When you're dealing with so few megapixels (5 megapixels in my case), you want every bit of resolution that you can get. I really can't understand why app creators would downsize the images.

Even so, these two apps offer some interesting effects that sometimes make that downsizing worth it. I love being creative, and these apps (along with my two favorites, Pixlr-O-Matic and Photo Editor) help with that.

The great thing about phoneography is that it's more about the image itself and less about what was used to create it. You can create whatever you can imagine and quickly share it with people across the world. No one cares that you didn't use your $3,000 DSLR, $1,500 lens and $700 editing software. No one cares that you used a free cell phone and free apps, either.

People only care about the image and whether or not it struck them in some way. That's the true heart of photography.
Broken Home - Mojave, California
Manhole Covers - Palmdale, California
Public Bathroom - Palmdale, California
Fusion - Tehachapi, California
Diagonal Lines - Palmdale, California 
Hair & Nail Salon - Tehachapi, California


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anusha bizconn (https://plus.google.com/106572492392689375065/posts) said, "Nice blog thanks for posting."

    Thanks for the comment! However, I removed it because you advertised your products (which aren't related to photography in any way), and I don't allow that. People can still access your business information by going to your Google+ profile if they want.
    I did re-post the pertinent part of your comment above.

    ReplyDelete