Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thought Of The Day: Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute

I really dislike it when people dump their trash out in nature. Some people think that the world is their dumpster.

Some great scenes are ruined by trash that some careless person decided didn't need to be disposed of properly. It gets in the way of my photography. It gets in the way of beauty.
Trash In The Desert - Rosamond, California
I captured the above image last year. It's a beautiful desert, but ruined by someone's garbage. The scene was actually pretty (aside from the trash), but that's not how I felt after seeing this mess. So I created the photograph to show my feelings towards the nonsense.

Yesterday, I photographed a location not far from where the above image was captured, and it was also covered in trash. Again, it was a beautiful location in the Mojave Desert, but it was destroyed by someone's unwanted junk.

There is no excuse for this. Even if you cannot afford home trash pickup or a trip to the dump (which almost everyone and anyone can afford), there are dumpsters all over the place. Find someplace other than nature to put you garbage.

Give a hoot, don't pollute. Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment