Thursday, September 20, 2012

Without DSLR, Photography Continues....

I had my two favorite digital cameras (plus some other things) stolen about two weeks ago. I'll soon have those cameras replaced, but in the mean time I've been using my cell phone to capture photographs. I've also used a film camera, but I have yet to send off the film to the lab.

Cell phone cameras are a legitimate photography tool that should not be ignored. First, you always have it with you--that's half the battle right there. Second, it's quick and easy to creatively post-process the images right on your phone. Third, sharing is also quick and easy. Fourth, the quality is just fine for what most people do with pictures. Some photographs captured on my Samsung Galaxy S have enough resolution for 11" x 14" prints and most are good up to 8" x 10" prints.

The photographs below were created with my cell phone over the last few days.
Cake Pop - Tehachapi, California
Coffee For Two - Tehachapi, California
A Joshua Tree Sunrise - Rosamond, California
Mojave Desert Morning - Rosamond, California


No comments:

Post a Comment