Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Double Exposures

The Pentax K-30 DSLR that I own has an option for multiple exposures. I've been trying to figure out ways to creatively use this feature. 
Ghost Girl - Tehachapi, California
The first idea was to create "ghostly" images with transparent people or objects. The photograph above is an example of that. It's a double exposure of the fence, one with and one without the child.
Childlike Neighborhood - Tehachapi, California
The second idea, which I just tried today, is to make the second image of the double exposure a silhouette. That's what you see above. I captured an image of the neighborhood, then I captured a silhouetted baby doll head (in front of a lamp).

I can think of many great ideas for this approach. The above images is literally my first and only attempt at this technique. Over the coming weeks I'll be exploring this concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment