Wednesday, December 19, 2012

News: Instagram Can Use Your Photos And Not Pay You A Dime

For those who use their cell phones to capture images, the popular app Instagram just changed their terms of service, and the change isn't good for you.
Artificial - Tehachapi, California
Captured using a cell phone.
The change gives Instagram the rights to use your images however they wish and pay you nothing. This is great for Instagram and terrible for Instagram users. I'm glad that I don't use this app.
Reflections of Life - Scottsdale, Arizona
Captured with my cell phone.
Actually, the change isn't really a change. Instagram has always had the rights to use your images without you even knowing about it. They've just spelled it out more clearly in their new terms of service.
Mojave August Sunrise - Mojave, California
Another cell phone photograph.
If you post an Instagram image, Instragram can use that image in its advertisements and it can also allow third party companies to use your image in their advertisements. You may end up promoting something you don't believe in and get compensated nothing for it.
Fire Pit - Kernville, California
I used my cell phone for this image.
I prefer Pixlr-O-Matic over Instagram. Those looking for a new photo editing app should check it out. For those with an Android phone, Photo Editor is also good.
California Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
I captured and edited this photograph using my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment