Monday, January 28, 2013

Fog Train

The fog rolled in a couple days ago, so I headed out with my Pentax K-30 DSLR in hand. Not to get caught up in equipment discussions, but the K-30 is an excellent camera for such occasions. First, the camera is a fairly small and lightweight DSLR--one does not want to be lugging around bulky equipment when out walking. Second, the image quality from the K-30 is great, right up there with full-frame DSLRs like the Canon 5D Mark II. Third, the weather-sealing on the K-30 allows it to go into situations you'd be afraid to take non-weather-sealed cameras.

I made my way towards the railroad tracks that cut through town. A train signal turned green as I approached it. Hiding in the fog was a freight train waiting for its turn to go. Because it was nearing sundown, the good light was disappearing, so after the train passed I headed home.
Go Into The Unknown - Tehachapi, California
Signal Stand and Moving Train - Tehachapi, California

No comments:

Post a Comment