Thursday, January 24, 2013

Two Night Horses Photograph

I wanted to capture one last image of the diorama before placing it into the trash. This time I wanted to try a night scene.
Two Night Horses
To create a night sky, I pocked a whole bunch of tiny holes into black construction paper. It was important to have more holes at the top and fewer holes at the bottom. I placed two lamps behind the paper and diffused the light using clear tupperware and white paper towels. I used one overhead light to act as "moonlight" and the set white balance to Tungsten to keep the hue cool.

To view the previous photographs of this diorama, click here and here. You'll notice that each image has a significantly different feel. This is a good study in how light effects the mood of a photograph. 



No comments:

Post a Comment