Friday, May 24, 2013

Dietmar Eckell's Abandonment Photography

I saw last night on Yahoo an interesting piece on Dietmar Eckell's abandonment photographs. I'm fascinated by abandoned and forgotten buildings and locations. These ghostly places are all around us, if we'd just look. And they beg to be photographed--they beg to be remembered.
Photo By Dietmar Eckell via Yahoo.com
Check out Eckell's work by clicking the links above. You may even want to financially support his book project. I certainly applaud him for undertaking this interesting series.

Like I said above, I'm fascinated by abandoned and forgotten buildings and locations. One of those places that I've photographed is the old George Air Force Base military housing in Victorville, California. This  is an eerie and sad example of urban decay. Check it out!
Destroyed By Fire - Victorville, California

No comments:

Post a Comment