Sunday, May 12, 2013

Elk

As you may or may not know, I very recently moved to a quiet and quaint mountain community in central California called Stallion Springs. It sits just outside of the town of Tehachapi.

I was mowing the front lawn and failed to see an Elk that was eating grass in the empty field across the street. My wife waved me down and pointed it out to me. This was literally a couple of minutes after sundown.

I quickly grabbed my Pentax K-30 DSLR, got a little closer and snapped a handful of images. These are all pretty large crops since the lens on the camera was the 18-55mm kit lens that came with the camera. I didn't want to get too close to the large animal, so I cropped instead.
Looking Elk - Stallion Springs, California
Elk Dinner - Stallion Springs, California
Country Elk #1 - Stallion Springs, California
I gave this image a "vintage" look in post-processing.
Elk in Grass Field - Stallion Springs, California
I gave this image a "vintage" look, too.
Country Elk #2 - Stallion Springs, California
I gave this image a cross-process look in post-processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment