Friday, May 17, 2013

Photographer June Van Cleef

About 15 years ago I first learned photography under the tutelage of June Van Cleef. At the time I was as clueless about photography as one could be. But June was patient, positive and honest with me. She taught me a lot, some of which I was too dumb to understand until years later.

June Van Cleef is well known in some photography circles. She has two published books and is regularly featured in art exhibits across Texas (and sometimes elsewhere).

The two books are both worth the cost--both are on my bookshelf at home. The Way Home - Photographs From The Heart of Texas can be found here. The Texas Outback - Ranching On The Last Frontier can be found here. The Texas Outback is the better of the two if you are only going to buy one.



No comments:

Post a Comment