Thursday, May 2, 2013

Photographing Ducks

I recently went to a local park and photographed some local ducks. These ducks were surprisingly friendly and cooperative.

Equipment isn't important, but I will tell you anyway that I used a Samsung NX210 with the kit 18-55mm lens to capture these images. The lens is plenty sharp enough, and the 20-megapixel sensor allows for plenty of cropping (which is how one "zooms" when they cannot get close enough to the subject).
Looking Ducks - Tehachapi, California
I used the "rule of three" for this photograph. I also gave this image a "vintage" look in post-processing.
Swimming - Tehachapi, California
Look - Tehachapi, California
This photograph tells a story, and that is the only thing that makes it interesting.
Curious Duck - Tehachapi, California
Duck Pose - Tehachapi, California
This was a massive crop.
Two Ducks - Tehachapi, California
I gave this photograph a cross-process look. The rainbow lens flare in the corner adds some interest to what would otherwise be a boring image.

No comments:

Post a Comment