Thursday, June 27, 2013

Plastic Army Men

Continuing the series of themed-photograph posts, I have below images of plastic army men. I captured these last year, and while I haven't touched this project in about ten months, I don't really feel it is complete. I'll jump back into it sometime in the future.

This project started one day while on vacation, I found a few plastic army men in the sand on the beach. I thought it would be fun to create "war photographs" with these toys, and, hey, I didn't have anything better to do. It just kind of took off from there.

I self-published a limited-edition book with these images. That was pretty neat.

I used a Samsung NX200 and Pentax K-x to capture these photographs. Enjoy!
Storming The Beach At Dawn
Guarding The Beach
Jungle War
Ready
In The Trenches
Cleared Hot!
Aim High Shadow
Against The Wall
Shadow Mortar
Guard Duty
Men of Ashes
Gunman Shadow
Morning Lookout
Grenade Throw
Ready, Steady
Setting Sun Soldier
Two Soldiers
Tight Squeeze
In The Cave
Protecting
Man In The Trenches
Mine Sweep
Two Soldiers On The Rock
Salute
Green Soldier
Careful Aim
Watchful March
Mortar Man
Ready For War
Veiled Soldier
Wartime
Communism Stops Here
Salute To Freedom
Ready To Defend
Defense

No comments:

Post a Comment