Friday, June 7, 2013

Thank You!

The last couple of months have seen an increase in page views for this Blog. Traffic to the Roesch Photography Blog has doubled since this time last year, and tripled from 18 months ago.

I do this Blog for free. No one pays me. I don't get free stuff from camera companies. The only earnings are from the few advertisements you see. I earn a very small amount from those if you click and buy something. It is a small amount and doesn't compensate for the time I put into this.
Journey Into Imagination - Arvin, California
Speaking of time, the hours I spend putting Blog posts together is from my own spare time. This Blog is not my job. I sacrifice my time to do this. I could be doing a whole host of other things instead.

So then why do I do have this Blog? There are two main reasons. One reason is selfless and the other is selfish.

The first reason that I have this Blog is to give back to the photography commune. I wish more people had given me good advice and information over the past 15 years. Not only are there not enough people giving good photography advice and information, but there are tons of people giving bad photography advice and information. This is especially true in the age of the internet.

I'm also very thankful to those that have given me good advice and information. I would not be where I am today without that. This Blog is a way for me to give back.

The second reason that I have this Blog is for self-promotion. Photography is very competitive. Everyone has a camera, and even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. One has to put their name and themselves out there. This Blog is a form of marketing. And I have indeed received paying work as a direct result of the posts on here.

But neither of those reasons would mean anything if not for you. If nobody came here and viewed my posts, I'd be talking to myself. It is you that gives any meaning to this Blog. It is you that makes my time and effort worthwhile.

So let me say thank you. Thank you for viewing my photographs and reading my ramblings. Thank you for being a part of this journey. I hope you have found something worth your while. Feel free to look around and please check back often.

Again, thank you! --Ritchie Roesch


No comments:

Post a Comment