Friday, July 26, 2013

I Took The Plunge And Purchased A Sigma DP2 Merrill

I've spent the last few weeks radically changing my camera gear. I've been downsizing and simplifying, and at the same time (hopefully) upgrading.

I wanted a fixed-lens camera that could travel easily. Initially I was leaning toward the Ricoh GR, and then the Sigma DP1 Merrill. Someone suggested that the DP2 Merrill might be a better fit for my style of photography.

Yesterday I took the plunge and purchased the DP2M, and it should arrive in the mail next week. After I get a good handle on it, you can expect a full review.

I know the camera has a huge upside and downside, and isn't the most versatile equipment available, but I think I'll enjoy it tremendously. I think, for me, that this is a better choice than the Ricoh GR. Only time will tell for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment