Monday, August 5, 2013

Sigma DP2 Merrill Sample Images

I recently purchased a Sigma DP2 Merrill camera, and it arrived in the mail last week. I spent the weekend playing with it, figuring out the settings and menus, as well as putting the camera to the test to find out its limitations. I will have a full review in the coming weeks.
Red Field, Green Field - Stallion Springs, California
I'm very impressed with what this little camera can do. Wrapped in a small body and for a reasonable price (I paid $720 for mine on sale) is image quality that rivals that of camera/lens combinations that cost $4,000 or more.

Not everything about the camera is great. It's not good at some things, most notably high ISO. The best way to think about the DP2 Merrill is it is like having a 35mm SLR with a quality 50mm prime lens and loaded with the slide film of your choice. If that setup is something you'd be happy with, you'd be happy with this camera. Otherwise, you may want to look at other cameras.

I have a set on Flickr of photographs captured with the DP2 Merrill. Check it out, see the images for yourself. I wish I could put them all here on this Blog, but either I'd have to downsize them a whole bunch or this post would load incredibly slow. So click here to see the sample images.

No comments:

Post a Comment