Friday, September 13, 2013

Photographing An Outdoor Church Event

This last weekend I photographed a local church's Sunday morning service, which was held outdoors. There were some major challenges I encountered, the biggest being the hash light and contrast. The pavement is light grey, the building in the background is white, but half of the scene was beneath a canopy in shade. And the service was held well after sunrise with the sun almost straight up. It doesn't get much more difficult than that.

I brought along my Samsung NX200 (with a telephoto zoom lens) and my Sigma DP2 Merrill cameras. Below are a few of the photographs that I captured, in no particular order.
Outdoor Church Concert - Stallion Springs, California
Community Church - Stallion Springs, California
Stallion Springs Community Church - Stallion Springs, California
Yellow Canopy, Blue Sky - Stallion Springs, California
Alien Singer - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment