Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Trip To The Park

I took the family to a local city park in Tehachapi, California. We brought along a picnic lunch and the kids enjoyed the playground. We stayed for about an hour.

Why do I bring this up? Because I also brought along my Sigma DP2 Merrill camera. Anytime you bring a camera with you, there are opportunities to capture photographs.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." --Henri Cartier-Bresson
There is value in each image captured, so it is good to actively use your camera whenever you can. For me, this meant photographing at the park.

Another lesson is that photography shouldn't be limited to the "golden hour" around sunset and sunrise. I was at the park during the midday sun.

Below are the images, in no particular order.
Cluster of Roses - Tehachapi, California
Red Leaf, Green Leaf - Tehachapi, California
Yellow Leaves - Tehachapi, California
Autumn Tree Leaves - Tehachapi, California

No comments:

Post a Comment