Thursday, November 28, 2013

Abandonment: Boron Air Force Station/Boron Federal Prison - Boron, California (Part 5)

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
Abandoned Furniture, Abandoned Building - Boron, California
When I got into my car to leave, I felt satisfied that I'd successfully explored and captured the old base and prison. Despite empty buildings, enough remains to give an idea of what once was. No doubt, this is a fascinating place.

The only camera that I brought along with me was a Sigma DP2 Merrill, which is a great little camera, but it has one major flaw: battery life. After a couple hours and about two hundred exposures, I had almost no juice left. It was time to go home.
Boron Air Force Housing - Boron, California
On my way out, just on the outskirts of the facility, at the end of a short dirt road, is a lone one-story structure. I decided to check it out. It turns out that this was a waste water treatment plant. I had just enough battery life to grab a few more images before the last battery died completely.

I ended up with almost 225 exposures, which would become the final 51 images found in this series. That's roughly a 25% success rate, which is pretty darn good. Despite that, I feel like I left some good photographs behind. I'll need to make a trip back sometime in the future. 
Dark Restroom - Boron, California
Unwanted Playpen - Boron, California
Benches - Boron, California
Xs - Boron, California
Broken And Burnt Window - Boron, California
Your Visiting Area - Boron, California
Out of Bounds - Boron, California
Please Do Not Use - Boron, California
Boron Base - Boron, California

No comments:

Post a Comment