Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Fleeting Landscape - Or, Always Have A Camera Within Reach

Dusk Fog - Stallion Springs, California
I arrived home from the store right after sundown the other evening, and the scene above is what I saw. This was the view from my front yard. It was cold and getting dark, and some low fog was forming. 

The scene did not last long. The sky turned dark. The fog disappeared. It was there for maybe five minutes. Maybe not even that long. Because I had my Sigma DP2 Merrill with me, I was able to capture this fleeting landscape.

The take away is that if you don't have a camera within reach, fleeting landscapes will elude you. It's amazing how many images are not created each day because photographers didn't have a means to capture the scene.

It should be a habit to carry a camera with you. Keep one within easy reach, so that when fleeting moments come, you are ready to capture that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment