Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Abandonment: Burnt Home - Rosamond, California

No Trespassing Post - Rosamond, California
This burnt house in Rosamond, California was quite interesting. I was greeted with a "No Trespassing" sign, but the old fence surrounding the house was only partially intact. My guess is that the property owners have not been by in many, many years. The house was a small place, probably two bedroom and one bath. The cinder block walls remained intact, but most of the home was completely destroyed by a fire that had once raged through the building.

Interestingly, someone lived in the house after the fire. I found a deflated air mattress, a chair, some clothes (including baby clothes) and some other signs of life. I don't think any of these things were currently being used. It appears as though they'd been sitting there for months or maybe even years. If this house could talk it would have more than one sad story to tell.
Burnt, Abandoned - Rosamond, California
I captured these images using a Sigma DP2 Merrill camera way back on December 13, 2013, but didn't get around to editing them until recently. I don't really like doing that, because the vision I had in my mind when I captured the images becomes forgotten, at least partially. I much prefer to post-process within a few days of making the exposure.

Click here to see the rest of my abandonment series.
Three Eaves - Rosamond, California
Through The Front Door - Rosamond, California
Stolen Railroad Crossing Sign - Rosamond, California
Three Forgotten Nails - Rosamond, California
Burnt Eaves - Rosamond, California
Bolt, Burnt - Rosamond, California
Illuminated Tube - Rosamond, California
Boards, Angled - Rosamond, California
Abandoned Monkey Onesie - Rosamond, California
Sunlight Through Destruction - Rosamond, California
View of Yesterday's Tomorrow - Rosamond, California
Forgotten Broom - Rosamond, California
The Back Window View - Rosamond, California
Burnt, Abandoned Side View - Rosamond, California

No comments:

Post a Comment