Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Abandonment: Various Locations - Tehachapi, California

I got a new camera, the Nokia Lumia 1020 cell phone, and I wanted to put it to the test. So this last weekend I visited several abandoned places in Tehachapi, California.

Below are the photographs that I captured of those different places.

Boss Hog Ranch
Boss Hog - Tehachapi, California
Come To - Tehachapi, California
I previously visited the Boss Hog Ranch back in July of 2013. It's a funky little place that once sold raspberries, and (apparently) meth. It now sits completely abandoned.

The Burnt Shack
Burnt Shack - Tehachapi, California
Fence Post & Shack - Tehachapi, California
This was just a little structure at the edge of a field. I have no idea what it was used for, but it did once have electricity. At some point there was a fire that significantly damaged the roof.

Brite Barns
Keep Out The Sun - Tehachapi, California
Broken Barn - Tehachapi, California
Dilapidated Cattle Ramp - Tehachapi, California
The Brite family was one of the very first to settle in Tehachapi almost 150 years ago. I'm not sure if these structures were built by that family or not, but they sit on land that was originally part of their ranch. The photograph at the bottom of the Abandonment page is of the inside of the Keep Out The Sun structure.

Abandoned Porch
Abandoned Porch - Tehachapi, California
Broken Glass - Tehachapi, California
I'm not sure what the story is with this place. Along a stretch of road that was once a highway (before the highway was realigned), there is an old porch without a building. It appears as though the porch was built there. I have no idea what happened to the rest of the building. There is not a lot of evidence left to tell the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment