Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Abandonment: Ranch House - Tehachapi, California

Abandoned Homestead - Tehachapi, California
I photographed an abandoned house a while back, but I was in a hurry, so I really didn't get to give it the attention that it deserved. I managed to get a few photographs, but ever since I've wanted to go back.

This abandoned home, which sits outside of Tehachapi, California, has apparently sat empty for a while. I talked to someone who remembers it being uninhabited for at least a few decades. It's unknown why it was abandoned or exactly when it was abandoned. But it was a nice country home up in a quiet mountain valley for someone once upon a time.
Hole In The Wall - Tehachapi, California
On the property there's a two bedroom ranch house, a small guest home (that's built right next to the main house, but it's not attached), and another building that may have been used for storage or a work space (it has a couple of small rooms but not many windows). Interestingly, this place is a short walk from another abandoned house I've photographed.

This house is very close to some farming and ranching, which has been a staple of the area for over 100 years, so my guess is whoever originally built and resided on this property probably owned some farm or ranch land. They most likely had a field or cattle or maybe both.
Forgotten Utah - Tehachapi, California
Recently I was able to revisit the old ranch house and do a more thorough job photographing it. The three photographs above are what I captured back in August of 2013. I used a Sigma DP2 Merrill camera. The photographs below I captured two weeks ago using a Nokia Lumia 1020.

Abandoned Mountain Ranch Home - Tehachapi, California
East View - Tehachapi, California
Better Days Behind - Tehachapi, California
Tree, House - Tehachapi, California
Tire, Abandoned Ranch - Tehachapi, California
Yellow Beads, Blue Board - Tehachapi, California
Living Room View - Tehachapi, California

No comments:

Post a Comment