Saturday, April 12, 2014

Follow Up Thoughts - Thought of The Day: Nikon D7100 vs Pentax K-30 and Pentax K-5 II

On March 4, 2013 I published a post called Thought of The Day: Nikon D7100 vs Pentax K-30 and Pentax K-5 II. As of this writing, that article is the #1 most read post on the Roesch Photography Blog.

My initial reaction is really? Of all the posts that I've published, this is the one that's most read? I'm surprised, because it is far from the best or most useful. I can't really explain it, other than perhaps there are three DSLRs mentioned in the title.

I used to own a Pentax K-30. It was a good camera and all, but I've moved away from DSLRs in favor of smaller and lighter equipment. I have found that often less is more, and simplicity is better than complexity.

"You'll be happy with your choice whatever that choice is," I concluded. That's a true statement, unless you have G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), then you'll be unhappy with your choice whatever that choice is.

I briefly mentioned that cameras are not important in that article. Cameras are not important. You can use whatever camera you wish and craft great photographs. That's because photographic vision, creativity and the decisive moment are much more important than choice of camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment