Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I've Been On Flickr One Year Today (Or, My Top 30 Most Interesting Photographs of The Last 12 Months)

I uploaded my first photograph to Flickr one year ago today.

Blogger only allows so much space for uploading images, and, being a photography blog, I quickly went through that. I needed to find a site where I could upload my photographs so that I could share them here. I tried a few other options (including one that is now defunct) before finally settling on Flickr.

My experience with Flickr so far has been positive. I'm not real active on it. I mostly use it so that I can post images on the Roesch Photography Blog.

Flickr has a menu that will sort your photographs from most interesting to least interesting. They use a computer algorithm to determine this and not a person, although much of it is determined by how much attention the image has received from other Flickr users. It is fun to look at this, although I disagree with many of the results.

Below are my top 30 most interesting photographs according to Flickr. All of them were captured using a Sigma DP2 Merrill except where noted.

#30
Boulder Bay - Big Bear Lake, California
I captured this in January of 2014.
#29
Fence, Storm - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in August of 2013 while standing in my yard.
#28
Winter Day #1 - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in December of 2013.
#27
Snow Covered Bench - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in December of 2013. I don't really think it belongs in this list.
#26
A Light In The Dark - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in November of 2013. This is part of my abandonment series.
#25 
Building Storm - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in August of 2013 while standing in my back yard.
#24
Dry Flower Abstract - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in February of 2014 while on a hike.
#23
Three Four - Bakersfield, California
I captured this in August of 2013. The title refers to the three knots and four squares. I captured #101 within minutes of this one, and it's a much more interesting photograph.
#22
Old Hinge - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in August of 2013. It was found on the side of an old barn.
#21
Duck Flight - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in December of 2013. I personally think this image is too busy to be in this list.
#20
Covered Bridge - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this shortly after capturing the image above this one. It was published in a local newspaper.
#19
Wind Farm - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in August of 2013. It was one of the first images I captured with my Sigma camera.
#18
The Hidden Place - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this on the same day as the other snow photographs.
#17
A Dying Rose - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in March of 2014 using a Nokia Lumia 1020. I was experimenting with some macro filters. I'm not a big fan of this photograph, I think the depth of field is much too shallow.
#16
Stallion Springs Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in March of 2014 using a Nokia Lumia 1020.
#15
Hanging Barbed Wire - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in February of 2014 using a Nokia Lumia 1020.
#14
Abandoned Homestead - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in August of 2013. It is a part of my abandonment series.
#13
Big Bear Sunset - Big Bear Lake, California
I captured this in January of 2014.
#12
Forgotten Folding Chair - Cuddy Valley, California
I captured this in March of 2014 using a Nokia Lumia 1020. This is part of my abandonment series.
#11
Flower Star - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in August of 2013.
#10
Three Green Leaves - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in August of 2013. This was one of the very first images captured with my Sigma camera.
#9
Burnt Hallway - Boron, California
I captured this in November of 2013. It is part of my abandonment series.
#8
Snow Burst - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in December of 2013 in my back yard.
#7
Cummings Valley Sun Rays - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in March of 2013 using a Nokia Lumia 1020.
#6
Oak Tree In Fog #1 - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in February of 2014.
#5
On A Brighter Day - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in September of 2013. It is part of my abandonment series. My opinion is that this image should be #1, or at least in the top three.
#4
Oak Tree In Fog #3 - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in February of 2014.
#3
Sunset, California - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in January of 2014. I was standing in the exact same place as #16 above.
#2
Oak Tree In Fog #4 - Stallion Springs, California
I captured this in February of 2014. In case you are wondering, Oak Tree In Fog #2 is ranked #159.
#1
Red Field, Green Field - Tehachapi, California
I captured this in August of 2013. It was one of the very first images I captured using my Sigma DP2 Merrill. It was published in a local newspaper. I like the photograph, but I don't think it belongs in the top five, and maybe not even in the top 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment