Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Take A Hike

Monolith Trees - Stallion Springs, California
One week ago I took a morning hike near my home in Stallion Springs, California (a small community near Tehachapi in the mountains of central California). I hiked a different trail near my home last Friday morning. I brought along my Sigma DP2 Merrill camera to capture images.

This trail follows the Chanac Creek through a canyon. The trail crosses the creek four times. While the creek was flowing pretty good, it was shallow enough that crossing it wasn't much trouble.

It was a great morning for a hike, with near perfect weather and the area fresh with spring colors. Got to see some deer and other wildlife, although not close enough to get any good photographs of it.
Green Side - Stallion Springs, California
Chanac Trail - Stallion Springs, California
Looking Down - Stallion Springs, California
The Happy Wanderer - Stallion Springs, California
Tejon View - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment