Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Venice Beach, California (Or, Anytime Is A Great Time To Photograph At The Beach)

Venice Beach - Los Angeles, California
Notice the color contrast with the boogie boards.
I had to drop someone off at LAX airport last Saturday. Venice Beach is right around the corner. I'd never been so I thought I'd check it out. I had my Sigma DP2 Merrill camera with me.

It was a beautiful day with great weather, so it was no surprise that the place was packed. I was very fortunate to find good parking, because some people were parking a mile or more from the beach.
Behind The Wave - Los Angeles, California
I messed with the colors to make it stand out more.
What I've come to realize is that 24/7/365, no matter what day or time, it is always a great time to photograph at the beach. The natural beauty and all of the action make it ideal for photography. And it matters not when. All of the photographs here were captured with the mid day sun high in the sky. Most photographers would have their cameras put away. But early afternoon is still a fine time for photography at the beach.

I stayed for about an hour-and-a-half and enjoyed lunch during that time. I didn't venture far from the pier. It was a nice stop, but I like the beaches further north just a bit better.
Catching A Wave - Los Angeles, California
Venice Pier - Los Angeles, California
Pier Post - Los Angeles, California

No comments:

Post a Comment