Thursday, May 22, 2014

Find Photographic Inspiration In Your Own Yard

It is great to photograph at some grand location. It is awesome if you can get away to some beautiful place. But sometimes you can't. Sometimes you are stuck at home.

That's alright. No problem. Believe it or not, there are plenty of photographic opportunities right where you live.

I touched on this subject in the very first post on this blog. I talked about it a little more in my Illusion of Location article. You don't actually have to go anywhere to create successful photographs. You can find things to photograph right in your own yard, if you look hard enough.

To illustrate this point, the photographs below were all captured over the last year while standing on my own property. I stayed at home to create these images. No need to travel. I just walked outside, camera in hand.
Stallion Springs Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
I walked across the street from my yard so that telephone lines wouldn't be in the photograph. So, technically, this wasn't actually captured on my property (just very near it). 
Country Wood - Stallion Springs, California
Natural Design - Stallion Springs, California
Walking Elk - Stallion Springs, California
Who Are You Looking At? - Stallion Springs, California
Snow Burst - Stallion Springs, California
Morning Blossom - Stallion Springs, California
Three Clothespins - Stallion Springs, California
Half Moon - Stallion Springs, California
Building Storm - Stallion Springs, California
Summer Grass - Stallion Springs, California
This was not technically captured while on my property. I was sitting at the edge of the street right in front of my house.
Two Poppy Flowers - Stallion Springs, California
This was captured at the same exact location as the above photograph, but on a different day.
Fence, Storm - Stallion Springs, California
Poppy Flower Blossoms - Stallion Springs, California
Sunset, California - Stallion Springs, California
This was captured at the exact same spot as the first photograph in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment