Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thought of The Day: Sigma DP2 Merrill Price Drop

I noticed a spike in page views for anything related to the Sigma DP Merrill cameras. I figured that the camera must be on sale somewhere, and that's what is generating all this interest.

Over the last week, four of the five most viewed posts on the Roesch Photography Blog are:

- Review: Sigma DP2 Merrill (DP2M)
- Thought of The Day: Sigma DP1 Merrill or Ricoh GR
- Sigma Merrill Cameras - Digital Film?
- Follow Up Thoughts - Review: Sigma DP2 Merrill (DP2M)

While not in the top five, these other posts have also seen a spike in views:

- Sigma DP2 Merrill vs. Nokia Lumia 1020
- Sigma DP2 Merrill Alternatives
- Sigma DP2 Merrill Revisited
- Sigma DP2 Merrill Black & White
- Sigma DP2 Merrill For Travel Photography
- My Sigma Wish List

There is a lot of interest right now in the Sigma DP Merrill cameras. I believe that it is directly related to a price reduction over at Amazon. These cameras are on sale elsewhere, but Amazon seems to have the lowest price at the moment. The DP2 Merrill, especially, is discounted ($580 when I looked).

I paid $720 less than a year ago for my Sigma DP2 Merrill, and people wondered how I got it for such a low price. Now if you pay $720 you are overpaying. It is a good time to buy a DP Merrill, but I wonder if the price will drop further after the DP Quattro cameras are introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment