Friday, June 20, 2014

Abandonment: Deserted Industry - Rosamond, California

All Visitors Must Register - Rosamond, California
There is a deserted industry near Rosamond, California in the Mojave Desert. I have no idea what the industry was or what they may have produced. The place is surrounded by barbed-wire-topped chain link fence. There are some "no trespassing" signs displayed.

It is obvious that the industry has been closed for several years now. Most likely the recession is what did this business in. That and high taxes. There is a neighboring industry that remains open, and perhaps they were in direct competition.
Do Not Hang Up - Rosamond, California
I did not attempt to gain access. I saw a place where I could have climbed over the fence, but it's not worth getting arrested for. I happily captured these photographs from the outside.

I used a Sigma DP2 Merrill camera to capture these images. I cannot say enough how great this camera is for black-and-white digital photography.
Industry Deserted - Rosamond, California



No comments:

Post a Comment