Thursday, June 26, 2014

Elk!

Two Elk Enjoying Breakfast - Stallion Springs, California
Five elk stopped by for an early morning visit today. This was just as the sun was rising. There were some clouds partly covering the sky. It was a very pleasant morning, really.

I was alerted to the elk by my dogs who were barking like crazy. I checked out the window and sure enough there were five elk hanging around, eating the brown grass.
Solitary Elk - Stallion Springs, California
This is not the first time that elk have stopped by. They come up from the historic Tejon Ranch to eat and drink. The most I've seen in one group is nine.

I captured these images using a Sigma DP2 Merrill camera. I post-processed them using Alien Skin Exposure 6.
Double Elk - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment