Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Why You Need A Cell Phone With A Good Camera (Such As The Nokia Lumia 1020)

Stallion Springs Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
When this sunrise unfolded, I didn't have time to grab any camera other than my cell phone.
You need have a cell phone that has a good camera on it. Why? Because you always have your cell phone with you, and you never know when a photographic opportunity will present itself.

It doesn't really matter what camera you have with you, just so long as you have a camera. Any camera. Cell phones are good because it's almost a guarantee that you have one with you wherever you are. But often cell phones have sub par cameras with tiny sensors that don't deliver on image quality.
May Sunrise - Tehachapi, California
I wasn't expecting to photograph anything, so the only camera I had with me was my cell phone.
Lately cell phone manufacturers have included better cameras on their phones. Some of these cameras are actually respectable. My personal favorite is the Nokia Lumia 1020.

The Lumia 1020 delivers medium-format resolution, full-frame sharpness, and micro-4/3 dynamic range while doubling as your smart phone. That's pretty darn good. You really can't ask for more from a "I-don't-have-my-DSLR-with-me" camera. 
Soledad Mountains - Mojave, California
The only camera I had was my cell phone.
I really like my Lumia 1020 camera, but my Samsung Galaxy S did just fine, too. Really, any camera is capable just so long as the photographer is also capable. With that said, I much prefer the Lumia 1020 over the Galaxy S.

All of the photographs in this post were captured over the last few months using my cell phone. 
Wind & Horses - Tehachapi, California
I wasn't planning to photograph, but since I had my cell phone I was able to capture this image.
Burger Spot Sign - Tehachapi, California
I captured this while waiting for my order to be cooked.
Energy - Tehachapi, California
The only camera that I had with me was my cell phone.
Metal Bird Abstract - Tehachapi, California
I had no camera other than my cell phone with me.
Do Not Block Door - Tehachapi, California
I was heading into a store to shop when inspiration hit. Thankfully, I had my cell phone in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment