Tuesday, June 24, 2014

You Don't Need To Travel To Create Great Photographs

Summer Solstice Sunset - Stallion Springs, California
You don't need to travel to create great photographs. In fact, you don't even need to leave your own yard. Where ever it is that you are at right now, there are opportunities to create great images.

You may have noticed that two photographs in this post, Summer Solstice Sunset and Rain Tease, were in my post yesterday about Alien Skin's Exposure 6 photo editing software. What you may not know is that I captured these two photographs this last weekend while standing in my yard. In fact, I had my six-month-old baby in my left arm and my Sigma DP2 Merrill camera in my right hand as I captured Summer Solstice Sunset. He kept grabbing the camera strap, which made capturing the image a challenge. 
Rain Tease - Stallion Springs, California
The lesson here is that it's alright if you cannot "get away" to photograph. You can still make the most of it by making great photographs of what's around you. Pay attention to everything that others overlook. Find beauty in the ordinary

In your yard or your neighborhood or your community, there are opportunities to create works of art with your camera. Be sure to take advantage of those opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment