Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

Red, White And Blue - Lake Isabella, California
It's July 4th, and in American that means it is Independence Day. This is the that day we celebrate our liberty. This is the day we celebrate the great self-governing experiment. This is a day for patriotism.

Many receive time off from work to be with family and friends. Celebrations include parades, flags, barbecues, and fireworks.

Fireworks Over The Bay - San Diego, California
I cannot help but wonder how many more Independence Days we have left. Sure, it will continue to be a holiday, but once liberty is lost, it will be a holiday devoid of meaning. Unfortunately, self-serving politicians and politicians who do not value liberty slowly strip it away from the people. The great experiment slowly comes to a close as we conform to the rest of the world.

I don't know if my children will have a chance to really experience the meaning of Independence Day. So I will treasure this one, not knowing if another will come.

Really, I'm not trying to sound depressed here. The eventual reality is indeed sobering. But that day has yet to come, so be sure to enjoy this special day. I know that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment