Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Always Have A Camera With You -- Even If It Is "Just" A Cell Phone

Tractor Ride At Sunset - Tehachapi, California
My four (almost five) year old son is nuts about all things transportation, including tractors. He has books about tractors and he has toy tractors.

The other day we visited some friends of ours. They have six acres, and they use a small tractor to help maintain their property. Just before the sun dipped down below the horizon, my friend started up his tractor and offered my son a ride.
Tractor Ride - Tehachapi, California
To say that the tractor ride made my son's day is an understatement. He was thrilled about it. He talked about it several different times afterwards. He was so happy to get (as he put it) his "first tractor ride."

I didn't bring along a camera. I wasn't expecting to photograph. But photographic opportunities sometimes pop up when you are not expecting. Thankful I had my cell phone, a Nokia Lumia 1020, in my pocket. I was able to get a couple images of this event. I also snapped an image of my daughter.
Girl On Bike At Evening's End - Tehachapi, California
It is important to always have a camera with you, even if that camera is "just" a cell phone. Any camera is capable of capturing great images as long as the photographer is capable. Photographic vision is more important than equipment.

"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it" --Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment