Wednesday, August 20, 2014

An Afternoon Hike In The Tehachapi Mountain Park

Trail View - Tehachapi, California
I picked up my son from kindergarten and had to run a couple of errands. After those were complete but before heading home I asked my son if there was anything that he wanted to do. He said, "I want to go on an adventure--a hiking adventure!"

Because I live up in the California mountains, a hiking adventure is no problem. In fact, I knew just where to go: Tehachapi Mountain Park. This park, which sits in the pines above the town of Tehachapi, has picnic tables, campsites and hiking trails. 
Veiled View - Tehachapi, California
We headed up a well-marked dirt trail that eventually leads to the top of the mountain. I would say that the difficulty of the trail is easy with small sections of moderate. The hike to the top is about 2.5 miles each way. We didn't make it to the top, not even close. But we did make it probably one mile, which equates to two miles round trip. That's a big hike for a young kid!

The only camera that I brought with me was a Nokia Lumia 1020. Yes, a cell phone. Equipment isn't nearly as important as photographic vision. I post-processed the images using Alien Skin Exposure 6 software.
Mountain Boy - Tehachapi, California
Lightning's Hand - Tehachapi, California
Dirt Mountain Path - Tehachapi, California
View Between Trees - Tehachapi, Caifornia

No comments:

Post a Comment