Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Gran Fondo - Tehachapi, California

Three Bicycles & Covered Bridge - Stallion Springs, California
There was a Gran Fondo bicycle race in Tehachapi, California this last Saturday. About 700 cyclists took to the streets of the mountain community, covering a total of 97 miles. The race just so happened to go very close to my house.

Someone finished the race in less than five hours. Considering the distance and the big elevation changes, that is an amazing achievement. 

I'm not big into bicycling. I wasn't all that excited for this event because it was an inconvenience for me. Still, I managed to get out briefly and capture a couple of photographs. It also gave me a chance to use my new Nikkor telephoto zoom lens.
Bike & Ladder - Stallion Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment