Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cleaning Out The Notebook (5 Photographs)

Dry - Stallion Springs, California
ISO 100, f10, 1/160, 40mm.
In this post are five photographs that I recently captured using my Nikon D3300 DSLR. Typically there is something in a post to tie the images together. This post is a little different because these photographs are unrelated. What I've decided to do is talk about each image.

Dry at the top was captured while I was out on a walk with my kids. It was just something that I found in my neighborhood. Right now all the grass and brush are brown and dead. At one time this was a pretty wildflower. Now it is lifeless, and I found that to be photographically interesting.
Barbed Wire & Three Staples - Stallion Springs, California
ISO 140, f13, 1/125, 40mm.
The above photograph, Barbed Wire & Three Staples, was captured while on that same walk as the top image. Three is a good number in photography, and this image has three twice (the staples and the boards). I converted it to monochrome because color wasn't important to it.
Thread Lines - Stallion Springs, California
ISO 280, f13, 1/125, 40mm
I liked the repeated thread-like pattern on the two objects in Thread Lines. That and contrast are the only things that make the image interesting. I converted it to monochrome because color wasn't important to the photograph.
Bolt End - Tehachapi, California
ISO 220, f10, 1/125, 40mm.
Bolt End was captured at a local park. I found the scene on a swing set while giving one of my kids a push. I had a camera with me, so I was able to create this image. Interestingly, this was my first attempt at macro with my new Nikkor AF-S 40mm f2.8G Micro lens. Again, it was converted to black-and-white because color wasn't important. 
Electric Dawn - Mojave, California
ISO 900, f4.5, 1/125, 55mm.
I captured Electric Dawn early one morning while driving through the Mojave Desert. It was about 20 minutes before sunrise, and the colors were great. I pulled over and captured the above image without even getting out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment